FHA & VA Loans
FHA and VA loan1 programs and guidelines tend to be the most flexible, since they are government insured loans.
FHA loans have been helping people become homeowners since 1934. The Federal Housing Administration (FHA), which is part of HUD, insures the loan. Your down payment can be as low as 3.5% of the purchase price and most of your closing costs and fees can be included in the loan.
- Low down payments
- Low closing costs
- Easy to qualify for credit
VA loans are fixed-rate or ARM loans guaranteed by the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs. VA guaranteed loans are made by private lenders to eligible veterans for the purchase of a home which must be for their own personal occupancy. For loans up to $417,000, it is usually possible for qualified veterans to obtain no down payment financing. We also offer Jumbo VA Loans with a required minimum down payment.
- Equal opportunity for all qualified veterans to obtain a VA loan.
- No down payment (unless required by the lender or the purchase price is more than the reasonable value of the property).
- Buyer informed of reasonable value.
- Negotiable interest rate.
- Ability to finance the VA funding fee (plus reduced funding fees with a down payment of at least 5% and exemption for veterans receiving VA compensation).
- Closing costs are comparable with other financing types (and may be lower).
- No mortgage insurance premiums.
- An assumable mortgage.
- Right to prepay without penalty. VA assistance to veteran borrowers in default due to temporary financial difficulty.